This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SandwichWithTheBest #CollectiveBias
Nectarine, Roasted Pepper and Ham Sandwiches are the perfect Summer Lunch – packed with fruits, veggies, bright flavors and thinly sliced delicious honey ham and creamy mayonnaise!
A good sandwich is a powerful thing. It may not bring world peace, but it’ll make my husband happy. Especially, good ham sandwiches. They are also a great option for us when we are in a pinch and out of time to prepare a more elaborate meal. And our philosophy for a good sandwich is the same as it is for anyone – good bread that complements the filling, and a delicious and substantial filling that supports the bread. And with an appetite like Mr K’s, his sandwiches better be wholesome and filling as well!
I love making a sandwich that is quick and simple to put together, but with bright, delicious, summery flavors! With fruits like peaches, nectarines, apricots plentiful in the summer, I decided to ditch the regular ol’ tomato and add slices of sweet, juicy nectarine in our ham sandwiches instead.
And roasted red bell pepper for that pop of color and the delicious charred sweetness.
And then my absolute favorite salad leaves ever – Arugula, for that fresh, peppery, zippy flavor!
A sandwich is only as good as the bread and the filling (obviously, Ha!), and a good sandwich filling for Mr K consists of one thing and one thing only – ham! So Ham Sandwiches it was. And I made sure it was filled with the best ingredients with Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham! Slow roasted and thinly sliced, with a touch of sweetness, it’s impossible to stop eating it straight out of the package. It really, truly is packed with flavor. And with no artificial flavors or by-products, you know it’s good stuff.
With all these flavors – these Nectarine, Roasted Pepper and Ham Sandwiches were a true winner!
And then comes the bread, oh the bread. I absolutely love the extensive range of products that Pepperidge Farm® offers, which is great for someone who likes variety like myself. I do prefer the Pepperidge Farm® Harvest Blends™ range however, and my favorite is most definitely the new Pepperidge Farm® Harvest Blends™ Ancient Grain Bread! It’s a great tasting bread with a hearty texture. My second favorite is Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse ™ Oatmeal bread. Another thing that I like (and I know that may seem like a minor detail) is that the bread is double wrapped, which keeps the bread from drying out and preserves freshness for longer. Seriously love the attention to detail!
When I used to live in Australia there was one brand of Mayonnaise that I couldn’t get enough of, and I was genuinely anxious that I wouldn’t be able to find one as good when I moved to the US. But I need not have worried. Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise is just as great, and it’s made with cage-free eggs too. Plus, in the new squeeze bottle, it’s even more convenient to use now.
Nectarine, Roasted Pepper and Ham Sandwiches – packed with the goodness of fruits, veggies, salad leaves, flavor-packed ham, creamy mayo, and the nutty deliciousness of whole grain bread. A sandwich that’s worth waking up to, worth opening your lunch box to, worth coming home to!
The real taste test was Mr K of course, and let me tell you, this nectarine, roasted pepper, ham sandwich made a lasting impression on the ham sandwich connoisseur! Fresh, sweet, juicy, crunchy with a little bit of bite from the roasted red bell pepper and arugula, this is one gloriously satisfying sandwich! World peace may not be that far-fetched if everyone was full on one of these.
How to upgrade these ham sandwiches even further? Why not add some mustard with the mayonnaise? Or some roasted garlic for an easy Aioli? Add some pepperjack cheese slices in there for good measure too 😉 maybe even some extra slices of bacon! It’s easy to become a sandwich artist when you have amazing ingredients to work with. All you need is your imagination!
While you definitely can roast your own red pepper (which is what I do), you can easily buy your favourite bottled, marinated roasted red pepper too. I like to roast them myself, and keep them bottled in the fridge, so I can use it whenever I want some!
Looking for more recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Nectarine, Roasted Pepper and Ham Sandwich
- 3 slices of Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham
- 2 slices of Pepperidge Farm® Harvest Blends ™ Ancient Grain Bread
- Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- Roasted Red Pepper slices instructions to roast your own in methods
- ½ Nectarine cut into thin wedges, or slices
- salt and pepper to taste
Roasted Red Pepper
- Preheat broiler to 425°F.
- Wash and dry the roasted red peppers.
- Remove the stem and seeds from a red bell pepper. Cut the pepper into quarters, and then each quarter in half for 8 slices. Remove the white pith.
- Place the cut pieces on a lined baking tray, skin side up.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and rub to coat.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and broil for 5 minutes. Check on the peppers and rotate to ensure even charring. Broil for a further 5 - 10 minutes until there is a nice black char on the skins.
- Remove from the oven. Using tongs, place the hot red pepper slices in a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap - this is to steam the pepper slices, so that the skin will be easier to remove.
- When the roasted red pepper has cooled down, peel the skin. Place these pepper slices in a jar, add some olive oil and salt. Cover and store in the fridge.
- Use as needed.
Assembling the Ham Sandwich
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of each bread slice.
- Place 3 slices of the thinly sliced honey ham on one bread slice.
- Top this with the roasted red pepper and thinly sliced nectarine (optional - add some ground black pepper on top).
- Add arugula leaves, and top with the second slice of bread. Slice in half and serve. Enjoy!
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”
All these ingredients are so easy to find at your local Walmart! Just head on over to the Bread aisle and you will be able to find Pepperidge Farm® Bread range, very easily!
Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise can be found in the Salad dressing and Vinegar aisle and the Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham, can be found in the sausage, bacon and luncheon meat fridge section with all the other Hillshire Farm® products!
What are your favorite Ham Sandwich fillings?
If you liked this Nectarine, Roasted Pepper and Ham Sandwiches recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all these recipes delivered straight to your inbox), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER,INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, YOU TUBE and GOOGLE-PLUS too.
I’ll be sharing my recipe over at –
FoodieFriDIY | Friday Favorites | Fiesta Fridays | Saucy Saturday
Leave a Review