This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #ThinSlicedChicken
This Pesto Bacon Crusted Chicken Breast AND Parmesan Potato fries will be ready and on the table in 30 minutes! So easy, and just so flavorful, your family will be asking for it again and again!
Who doesn’t love quick and easy meals?
How many times have you come home after a long day only to realize that you forgot to thaw out some chicken for dinner?
If I had a nickel for every time that used to happen, I would’ve quit my job a long time ago (well, maybe a little more than a nickel). So I end up having to wait for the chicken to thaw out before making dinner, and then eat junk food till dinner is ready. Not good.
Although I no longer head out to work, I still forget to keep dinner out to thaw, from time to time. Especially on days that I am busy prepping, making and photographing dessert recipes for the blog – my husband comes home and has a BEAUTIFULLY presented dessert ready, but dinner? He’s gotta wait! So, he snacks on dessert – again, not good.
Here’s an excellent solution from Tyson Foods. Tyson now offers Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, that you can cook from frozen.
Just head over to the Frozen Meat section at your local Walmart store (different from the Frozen Vegetables section) and you’ll find Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts with all the other Tyson frozen chicken products.
Since these are thinly sliced, the chicken cooks quickly and evenly. Even though you are cooking from frozen – you can pack it with incredible flavor too! Try this Pesto, Bacon Crusted Chicken Breast recipe and you’ll see what I mean! 🙂
So why is this product good? Well, the chicken breast is thinly sliced and individually frozen so that freshness is sealed in. And you know it’s good for your family, since the product is all natural, and each chicken breast packs 21g of protein.
This Pesto Bacon Crusted Chicken Breast recipe (with homemade potato fries) is just so delicious, and because you’re using store bought products to bring it all together, it’s quick and easy to prepare, but looks like something you’d get at a restaurant!
Here’s a step by step GIF to show you how I assembled this crusted chicken breast before it went into the oven. Prep time takes me all of just 10 minutes, and in no more than 30 minutes – a flavor-packed dinner is ON the table! Can’t get better than that right?
Herby fresh pesto, delicious crunchy bacon and crunchy panko crumbs on top make this crusted chicken breast a meal that your entire family will love! The potato fries go in the oven first, so that they have a little extra time to crisp up, and then I went ahead and added parmesan on top because….. I can! 🙂 Plus, the crumbing top ensures that the chicken doesn’t dry out too fast either.
Pesto and Bacon crusted Chicken Breast with Potato Fries
Pesto and Bacon Crusted Chicken Breast
- 4 pieces of Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Approx. 4 generous tsp of your favorite Pesto
- 4 rashers of bacon sliced and fried
- ½ cup of Panko crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley
Easy Parmesan Potato Fries
- 4 large potatoes Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes, about 1 ½ lbs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp cornflour / cornstarch
- 1 – 2 tbsp oil
- Chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice potatoes to 1 cm thick slices and then cut them into 1 cm thick batons.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and add salt and pepper and cornflour/cornstarch. Toss well to coat.
- Prepare a baking tray by lining it with some parchment paper. Spread the oil on the surface of the parchment paper and place the potatoes on it in a single layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 – 15 minutes, while you prepare the pesto and bacon crumbed chicken breast (see below). At the 15 minute mark, turn the fries over, to evenly crisp up on the other side as well.
- Lower heat to 375°F and cook for a further 15 - 20 minutes along with the chicken breast.
- Optional – add some grated Parmesan cheese during the last 5 minutes.
Pesto and Bacon Crumbed Chicken Breast
- Heat a cast iron pan to medium high heat with some oil.
- Salt both sides of the frozen chicken breast pieces.
- Smear a generous tsp of pesto on each chicken breast.
- Top it off with the fried, crumbled bacon and then Panko crumbs.
- Place each frozen chicken breast in the pan carefully. Let it sear for about a minute, and then transfer to the oven (lower heat to 375°F), next to the potato fries.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 – 20 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (check with a thermometer to ensure the meat is cooked through). The chicken pieces that I used only took 15 minutes as they were smaller – but the exact time will depend on how large the chicken pieces are.
- Remove the chicken and fries from the oven and let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle some chopped parsley on the chicken and potato fries!
So what are you guys waiting for? When are you going to make this pesto and bacon crusted chicken breast with potato fries for dinner? 🙂
Do you have some great ideas on how to cook Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts?
If you liked this pesto and bacon crusted chicken breast recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all these recipes delivered straight to your inbox), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, YOU TUBE and GOOGLE-PLUS too.
I’ll be sharing my recipe over at –