Recently I got an opportunity to participate in a blog hop called “Freaky Friday Blog Hop” organized by Michaela from An Affair From the Heart – with 18 other food bloggers where each blogger is randomly assigned another person’s blog and they have to choose a recipe they like from that blog and re-create it, photograph it and then share it on their own blog on the same day (today) and at the same time! 🙂 So like in the movie Freaky Friday we switch our recipes and it’s going to be fun to find out who was assigned mine. 🙂
And I got assigned – Christine It! I absolutely love how the name of this blog came about. Christine says that whenever she adapted recipes to their liking, her son would say that she “Christine’d it up” 🙂 Her recipes look delicious and easy to make too. There was a great selection of recipes on her blog, and I was sold when I came across her BBQ Greek Chicken, and decided to make this for my husband and myself. We both love eating chicken but are always on the look out for new ways to enjoy it. I did have one major problem though, we don’t have a BBQ grill at the moment. So in keeping with Christine’s style, I decided to “Dini it up” and roast the chicken instead and stuff it with Kalamata Olives & Cream Cheese! Christine’s recipe was for 7 chicken breasts, so I also adjusted that beautiful marinade for 2 chicken breasts.
This Roasted Cream Cheese Stuffed Greek Chicken Breast is a fantastic dinner idea for family dinners and even dinner parties! Perfectly roasted, juicy, succulent, flavourful chicken breasts stuffed with cream cheese and olives! What’s not to love? You can easily make it in the oven or grill it for a crowd during BBQ season!
Before we get to the delicious recipe, you should definitely go and check out Christine’s blog – it’s got so many easy to follow recipes that can be adapted to your taste, which is something I absolutely loved. I had a hard time choosing from Christine’s Pizza ideas, her Meat sauce that she used for Lasagnas and other pasta dishes, and also her beautiful looking fruit pies – particularly this blueberry pie.
Her BBQ chicken breast, I thought, would be perfect for this time of year. You can also substitute the chicken breast with legs or thighs too.
I love Greek food, and I was surprised to realize that I hadn’t shared any Greek food on my blog so far. Those flavours are just so beautiful and fresh. I love eating Souvlakis, and I imagine this chicken would taste AMAZING in a souvlaki! What do you think?
Roasted Cream Cheese Stuffed Greek Chicken BreastPrint
- 2 chicken breasts
Greek Marinade (from Christine It)
- 2 tsp Greek seasoning
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Cream Cheese and Olive stuffing
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ tsp Greek seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 12 Kalamata olives chopped
- salt to taste
- Butterfly the chicken breast, or use a meat hammer to flatten the chicken breast to an even thickness (about 1 cm)
- Mix the marinade ingredients and marinate the chicken pieces for about 30 minutes - 2 hours.
- Mix all the ingredients of the stuffing.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C when the chicken is done marinating.
- While the oven is pre-heating, place half of the stuffing along the middle of a chicken piece and then roll it up. Using cotton twine, tie the chicken breast into a log shape to hold the stuffing in place.
- Repeat this with the second piece of chicken breast and the rest of the marinade.
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat 1 tbsp of oil. When heated, sear the piece of chicken on the bottom (seam side up) for 4 minutes, and then transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through (mine took 15 minutes).
- Let it rest for a few minutes and cut and remove the twine.
I hope you too love this recipe as much as we did and head on over to Christine It for even more delicious and easy to make recipe ideas! You can also check out all the other fantastic recipes from this blog hop below. 🙂
Here are all 19 delicious recipes contributed by all the bloggers of #FreakyFriday! Just click on the image, and that will take you to the blog with a recipe 🙂
‘); // ]]> If you liked this recipe don’t forget to subscribe for new (and free) recipes and updates by entering your email address below or on the side bar on the right (and get all these recipes delivered straight to your inbox), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and GOOGLE-PLUS too. I share pictures of recipes to come on the blog plus other awesome recipes I find out there that I want to try. So I hope you do stop by and say hi! 🙂