Super Chocolately Hot Chocolate Mix and Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Mix
Servings: 2 .5 cups of hot chocolate mix
- 3.5 oz 70% good quality chocolate
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp Valhorna cocoa powder
- ¾ cup - 1 cup white sugar I add about ¾ to keep it less sweet
- ¼ cup cornstarch cornflour
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp 3 tsp red food coloring powder (for red velvet mix)
Grate the chocolate and transfer it to a food processor.
Add the cocoa powder, white sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt and food coloring (if you're making red velvet) and process until you get a fine powder.
Store the hot chocolate mix in an air-tight, dry bottle/jar.
To make a frothy Hot Chocolate
Place 1 cup of hot chocolate in a small saucepan. Add 2 - 3 tbsp hot chocolate mix and heat the mixture while stirring, until completely dissolved and the drink is nice and hot.
Place the hot chocolate mixture in a sealable bottle OR in a small french press.
Shake the bottle until the milk is frothy, or use the french press by moving the depressor up and down vigorously to froth the milk.
Pour into a mug, top with marshmallow and serve. Enjoy!