Raspberry cake with Pistachio and Rose water Swiss Meringue Buttercream
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 3 x 6 inch or 8 inch raspberry cake layers tops trimmed (recipe below)
- 1 recipe of rose water Swiss meringue buttercream recipe below
- ½ cup raspberry preserves warmed
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- ½ pint fresh raspberries to go in the buttercream, between the cake layers
- ½ pint raspberries dipped in chocolate to garnish
Spread ¼ cup of raspberry preserves on top of a cake layer.
Optional - wrap the cake in acetate paper and secure with sticky tape or a elastic band.
Sprinkle half of the pistachios on top.
Spread ⅓ of the buttercream on the cake and place a few raspberries in it. Then place the second cake layer on top.
Repeat with the raspberry preserves, pistachio, buttercream and fresh raspberry, and place the third (top) cake layer on top.
Spread the remaining amount of buttercream on top.
Let it set in the fridge for about an hour and remove the acetate paper. Smoothen the sides and decorate with the chocolate dipped raspberries and pistachios.