Spicy chorizo burgers with pico de gallo, avocado and a runny egg yolk in the middle, these Breakfast Chorizo Burgers are packed with flavor and are PERFECT as a weekend brunch or even for busy week days with a bit of ahead of time prepping.
What’s my breakfast dream? Flavorful, filling, easy to put together and a great on-the-go meal. These Breakfast Chorizo Burgers tick all of those boxes, except one. This one is not meant to be an on-the-go breakfast, but a sit and savor kind of delicious breakfast.
These breakfast chorizo burgers are made with toasted English muffins, with spicy Mexican chorizo burgers, pico de gallo, avocado, and of course a glorious runny egg in the middle! The flavors are off the charts as you can imagine, and it’s the PERFECT weekend brunch, or with a little ahead of time prepping as I’ve mentioned below, you can easily fix yourself this great breakfast on busy week days too.
These chorizo burgers can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer. And then simply reheat what you need in the morning to make yourself a filling and flavor-packed breakfast to start your day right! While I’m lucky enough to get my hands on some lovely ground chorizo sausage meat, if you don’t have access to it, you can make your own with this recipe right here.
Making and cooking the burgers is obviously the most time-consuming part of this recipe. That’s why I usually get this done the day before, or on the weekend (if I plan on having these breakfast chorizo burgers during the week). When I’m short on time, I skip the pico de gallo, and simply add a slice of onion, tomato and chopped cilantro instead. Still great flavors, but less of the chopping and mixing.
These breakfast chorizo burgers are really versatile, so you can serve them as a weekend brunch for 2, or 4, or even a crowd. Or just fix yourself one whenever you crave for some great Tex-Mex flavors. While I added some extra spice to the ground meat to perk up the flavors even more, you can skip that part. The fried egg is also optional (or you could substitute it with an omelette instead), but you guys know how much I love a good runny egg yolk, don’t you? 🙂
Breakfast Chorizo Burger
- 12 oz ground chorizo meat
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper optional
Pico De Gallo
- 2 roma tomatoes cut into cubes or sliced
- 1 shallot chopped or sliced
- 1/2 handful of cilantro chopped
- 1/2 lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp heaped chipotle spice
Breakfast Chorizo Burger
- 4 English muffins split and toasted
- 12 slices pickled jalapeno or more
- sliced avocado
- 4 fried eggs
- Mix in the cayenne pepper into the chorizo meat. Divide the chorizo meat into four portions. Flatten the meat into thin patties.
- Pan fry the chorizo burger patties in a medium-high heat pan or griddle or cast iron pan, about 3 - 4 minutes per side, until cooked through. Remove the patties from the pan and let them rest before using them in burgers.
- Rested chorizo burgers can be used immediately, or can be frozen for later use. Place the burger patties in a stack with wax paper between each, in an air-tight container, OR freezer bag. Place the frozen patties in the fridge overnight to thaw, and then microwave for 2 minutes to reheat.
Pico De Gallo
- Mix all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Use immediately, or refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Alternatively, you can layer the sliced ingredients in the burger separately without mixing them.
- Mix the mayonnaise, chipotle seasoning and lime juice together. Cover and keep in the fridge until needed.
Breakfast Chorizo Burgers
- Split the English muffins and toast them in your toaster or toaster oven.
- Place the heated chorizo burger on the bottom half of your English muffin. Top it with pico de gallo, or the sliced vegetables, pickled jalapeno, sliced avocado, and a fried egg. Serve.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”
If you liked this breakfast chorizo burgers recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all these recipes delivered straight to your inbox), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER,INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, YOU TUBE and GOOGLE-PLUS too.