This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SipIndulgence#CollectiveBias
Crisp, delicate choux pastry shells filled with an indulgent creme patissiere made with NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Chocolate Boutique Creamers. They come in three great flavours – salted caramel chocolate, chocolate toffee truffle and cafe mocha. So whether you’re making them for a party, or to satisfy your chocolate cravings or to make your daily cup of coffee a little more decadent, these Chocolate Eclairs with Coffee Creamer Creme Patissiere would be the perfect pairing!
Coffee makes it possible to get out of bed. Chocolate makes it worthwhile, as the saying goes. Put those two together and JACKPOT!
So it goes without saying that I was giddy with excitement when I found out about NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Chocolate Boutique Creamers. I usually drink two cups of coffee a day and that’s when I don’t remember to drink coffee. If I do, there’s usually a third cup. But pair it with chocolate, and that’s about as indulgent as a cup of coffee gets for me. I mean how can it get any better than that? Or so I thought, until I found out that these creamers come in THREE awesome flavours – Salted Caramel Chocolate, Chocolate Toffee Truffle AND Cafe Mocha! What kind of sorcery is this??
Honestly, my daily dose of coffee is pretty sacred to me. Not only does it give me the juice to run on, but when I take a break from cooking/baking, writing, taking photographs, planning my week etc., those moments are always made sweeter with a cup of coffee. And now I’ve found a way to make those moments even more indulgent, to make that cup of coffee even more decadent, with these NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Chocolate Boutique Creamers.
You can find these new NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Chocolate Boutique Liquid Creamers in your local Walmart store. Just head over to the refrigerated dairy section and you’ll find it along with the other NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Liquid Creamers. You can’t miss it!
And if you click here, you can actually get 75 cents off next time you buy NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Chocolate Boutique Liquid Creamers. So if you guys love coffee like I do, head on over to your local Walmart and get your hands on this! These Chocolate Boutique flavours will turn your every day cup of coffee into an indulgent moment worthy of being savoured.
But do you know what else I love about liquid creamers? The fact that it’s creamy and indulgent with so much flavour and I can use it instead of milk to make some decadent desserts. It’s a great substitute, in fact these NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Liquid Coffee Creamers are better than a substitute because they’ve got chocolate flavour PLUS salted caramel, toffee truffle and even more coffee flavour.
All those delightful flavours called for something truly amazing and the result was these crisp, delicate choux pastry shells that I then filled with Creme Patisserie to make Chocolate Eclairs with Coffee Creamer Creme Patissiere!
I honestly couldn’t have come up with a better way to make my moment of indulgence even more special. Plus these chocolate eclairs make an awesome pairing with your coffee.
Making the creme patissiere with this is really easy. You could use each of these coffee creamers to make 3 different flavours or just choose your favourite. You could use the creme patissiere to fill tart shells to make quick and easy bite sized desserts, or make eclairs (like I have here).
Making choux pastry is really easy, once you understand what you need to look for, and how choux pastry works! So don’t be intimidated by it! I’ve dedicated an ENTIRE post as a detailed tutorial to make choux pastry right here (plus a NEW video tutorial coming soon!). So go ahead and check it out! 🙂
Chocolate Eclairs with Coffee Creamer Creme Patissiere
Choux Pastry Recipe
- Follow this recipe to make the Pate A Choux dough
Coffee Creamer Creme Patissiere
- 1 cup of your favourite Chocolate Boutique liquid coffee creamer
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp cornflour sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chilled whipping cream
- a few drops of vanilla
- 5 oz bittersweet or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2.5 oz whipping cream
- Add the liquid creamer to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat.
- While heating, place the egg yolks in a separate bowl with the cornflour and whisk until smooth.
- When the creamer is starting to simmer, pour some of this hot creamer into the egg yolks in a thin stream while whisking continuously, to temper the egg yolks.
- Transfer this egg yolk mix to the saucepan and heat over medium heat, while mixing/whisking continuously until the mix thickens. IF the mix looks like it’s curdling, remove from the heat, and pass it through a sieve. Then return it to the saucepan and continue to heat until the custard is very thick, like pudding.
- Remove from the heat, and add the chocolate chips and butter. Mix through until the chocolate and butter have melted and incorporated fully into the custard. Cover with plastic wrap (with the plastic wrap touching the surface of the custard). Let it cool down to room temperature and then transfer it to the fridge until ready to use.
- To lighten up the creme patissiere (optional) - whisk 1/4 of a cup of chilled whipped cream until stiff peaks are just starting to form. Add the whipped cream to the creme patissiere in 2 batches, and fold it in to incorporate. Cover and chill until needed.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Make the Pate a Choux batter according to the instructions here. Place the batter in a pastry bag, fitted with an open star tip.
- Pipe the pate a choux to make eclairs, about 3 - 4 inches long.
- Use a moist finger to make the end smooth.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and the choux pastry shells look crisp. REMEMBER, NOT TO OPEN THE OVEN DOOR DURING THE FIRST HALF OF THE BAKING TIME.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool down completely.
- Place the chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Heat the whipping cream until it starts to simmer. Pour the heated cream over the chocolate chips. Cover for 1 minute. Uncover and stir until chocolate has melted and the glaze is thick and shiny.
- Place the creme patissiere in a piping bag with a small round tip attached. Insert the tip into the choux pastry shell and fill it. Repeat with all the choux pastry shells.
- Dip the top of the eclairs in chocolate glaze and sprinkle some toffee pieces (for chocolate toffee truffle), salt flakes (for salted caramel) and coffee beans (for cafe mocha) on top (optional).
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”
These coffee creamers have transformed my coffee habits. Not only do they upgrade my daily cup of coffee, but to pair it with these chocolate eclairs and creme patissiere? Jackpot indeed.
This creme patissiere recipe will highlight all the flavours of these coffee creamers perfectly. So whether it’s toffee, salted caramel or cafe mocha, each tastes uniquely amazing and unabashedly indulgent. I also like to add a handful of chocolate chips to the custard as well. It makes the chocolate flavour even more prominent and you just can’t go wrong with that in my book. 🙂 Plus, I added a small amount of whipped cream to lighten up the custard, but that’s a personal preference. If you prefer the custard a little thick and heavy, you can opt out of the whipped cream.
If I had to pick one, I’d probably pick toffee truffle as my favourite. 🙂 I was a little curious to see if the salted caramel and toffee would taste the same, but that’s definitely not the case. There’s a distinct difference, but toffee truffle was my favourite for sure!
So whether you want to change your coffee game, satisfy your chocolate craving, or create a moment of indulgence with your daily cup of coffee, these chocolate eclairs with creme patissiere made with NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Chocolate Boutique Creamers are the answer!
Do you have a favourite Coffee creamer? I know I do! & you should definitely try the Chocolate Boutique Coffee Creamers too!
If you liked this recipe don’t forget to subscribe for new (and free) recipes by entering your email address below or on the side bar (and get all these recipes delivered straight to your inbox), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and GOOGLE-PLUS too.
I’ll be sharing my recipe over at –