This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #YouPAMDoIt #PAMInControl #CollectiveBias
Crunchy potatoes, crispy bacon and perfectly cooked eggs with a creamy, runny yolk – this Sheet Pan Breakfast is as easy as it’s delicious! All cooked in one sheet pan and ready in 40 minutes with little active time on your part, this is PERFECT for weekend mornings when you can let the oven do the work while you enjoy that extra time with your family!
Weekends are meant to be enjoyed. Relished. Savored. It’s time, to be spent with family, not standing around your kitchen stove getting breakfast ready for them instead. If you’re looking for a deliciously wholesome weekend breakfast (actually this works just as well on a busy weekday morning too!), one that feeds your entire family, with minimal involvement on your part, then I’ve got a doozy for you guys today! 🙂
Crispy, Spicy, Oven Roasted Breakfast Potatoes with Bacon and Eggs, ready in 40 minutes, all cooked in one sheet pan! It’s so easy, there’s very little active time on your part, and it’s unabashedly flavorful! The best part is that you can relax with your family, or snuggle back into bed with them for a little bit longer, while your breakfast cooks in the oven and fills your house with the tempting aroma of cinnamon first, and then bacon. This breakfast potato hash is one of our absolute favorite breakfast/brunch dishes in the world, and it never ceases to amaze us by how flavorful it tastes.
It’s really not surprising why these sheet pan breakfast potatoes with bacon and eggs are the most popular breakfast in our house!
- Potatoes with crispy, crunchy edges and coated with a delicious spice blend.
- Crispy bacon bits (made from Canadian bacon or sometimes back bacon for a leaner bacon cut, but you can use regular thick cut bacon too).
- Perfectly cooked eggs with a creamy, runny yolk.
And all of that is cooked TOGETHER in ONE sheet pan for a family of four! And there’s one trusted kitchen helper that always comes in handy for me when I make these oven roasted breakfast potatoes. And that’s the NEW PAM® Spray Pump Olive Oil!
Since this sheet pan breakfast is one we love to eat regularly, I prefer to use leaner cuts of bacon so that we get MORE bacon flavor for less of the fat. So using Canadian bacon or back bacon is a great option, but that also means I need to make sure that my potatoes don’t stick to my sheet pan. This is especially so when I’m cooking different kinds of ingredients in one sheet pan, including delicate eggs. This is where PAM Spray Pump Olive Oil is a life-saver. It’s a non-aerosol, propellant-free oil spray that is free of artificial colors, flavors and preservatives! Plus, the spray pump helps me control how much oil I add.
This sheet pan breakfast is very easy to prepare. The most time consuming part of the recipe is cutting the potatoes and bacon. Once the potatoes are in the oven, you can sit back (or slide back into bed) and relax while your oven does its job.
The potatoes are cooked with a spice mix of paprika, cayenne pepper, allspice, black pepper and cinnamon. The flavors are smoky, spicy, with a hint of sweetness from the cinnamon. You will smell the cinnamon first as the potatoes are being roasted, and let me tell you, it’s one of our favorite smells on most Sunday mornings! 🙂 After the first 20-25 minutes, I add the bacon and onions which will roast and become crispy in 10-15 minutes (10 minutes if the bacon is thin, 15 if thick). Then right at the end (with 3 minutes to go), I crack the eggs into the sheet pan and in 3 minutes, this scrumptious oven roasted breakfast potatoes with bacon and eggs are ready to be devoured! An extra drizzle of hot sauce on top is also highly recommended. 🙂
Since it’s just the two of us, I sometimes make half this recipe, OR I make the full recipe and have the leftovers for lunch or dinner (BRINNER FTW! Have you guys noticed how much we truly adore breakfast?).
While this sheet pan breakfast is PERFECT for those lazy weekend breakfasts and brunches, I do sometimes make this breakfast potato hash for our weekday breakfasts as well. Here’s what I alter to make this for a weekday breakfast. I cook the breakfast potato hash, bacon and onions the day before (as stated in the recipe). I use a minimal amount of oil thanks to this PAM® Spray Pump Olive Oil which helps keep the potatoes crispy and not stick to the pan. Then I store the roasted potatoes and bacon in a container in the fridge overnight. Next morning, I can prepare this sheet pan breakfast in one of two ways.
How to prepare these breakfast potatoes with bacon and eggs ahead of time for weekday breakfasts
- First method – Preheat oven to 425°F and then spread out the breakfast potato hash in a single layer on your sheet pan, while making four small empty areas in there for four eggs. Then I spray pump a little oil in those spaces and place the sheet pan in the oven for about 2-5 minutes, until the potatoes warm up again. Then crack the eggs into those four spaces, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the eggs are set. This is a great way to make sure that the potatoes are just as delicious and crispy as they’d be if the sheet pan breakfast was prepared on the same day from scratch.
- Second and quicker method – Heat the potatoes in the microwave until heated through. Cook the eggs in your pan while the potatoes are heating up which will take about 5 minutes. This is easier for 1 – 2 servings, but for 4 servings or up, I still think the oven method above is better.
A great breakfast sets the tone for a fulfilling day, and that’s exactly what these oven roasted breakfast potatoes with bacon and eggs do. It’s almost surprising how much flavor this dish carries, but hey, I’m not complaining! 🙂
Looking for more recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Sheet Pan Breakfast Potatoes, with Bacon and Eggs (Oven Roasted Breakfast Potatoes)
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper or ¼ tsp for a milder heat
- ½ tsp all spice
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp kosher salt plus more to taste
Sheet Pan Breakfast
- 2.5 lbs yukon gold potatoes cut roughly into ½ x 1 inch cubes
- PAM Olive Oil Spray Pump
- 1 medium red onion cut into thick slices
- ½ lb canadian bacon or back bacon cut into strips
- 6 - 8 large eggs
- Chopped parsely
- Hot sauce
- Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper and spray PAM Spray Pump Olive Oil on the surface (about 10 pumps).
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix the ingredients for the spice mix.
- Place the cut up potatoes in a large bowl and add the spice mix, and toss to coat the potatoes.
- Spread the potatoes in a SINGLE layer on the sheet pan. Spray 10 more pumps of the PAM olive oil over the potatoes. Toss to mix and place the sheet pan with the potatoes in the pre-heated oven.
- Set the timer to 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, mix/flip the potatoes well with a spatula. Sprinkle the chopped bacon and sliced onions over the potatoes, and return to the oven for a further 10 - 15 minutes, until the bacon becomes crispy and the onions start to caramelize. (Check at 10 minutes if you are using thin cut bacon or at 15 minutes for thick cut bacon).
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and make space among the potatoes for 6-8 eggs. Crack the eggs into these spaces and sprinkle extra salt over the eggs. Season the potatoes if needed.
- Return to the oven for 2 -3 minutes until the eggs are just cooked through.
- Remove from the oven. Serve while hot. Optional - drizzle extra hot sauce on top if you like it extra spicy.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”
You can find PAM® Spray Pump Olive Oil at your local Walmart, in the same aisle that you usually get your oil and shortening products (along with other great PAM products you trust and use at home). Click here to get your IBOTTA Coupon to earn $1 when you buy one (1) PAM Spray Pump Olive Oil or Canola Oil while you’re at it (starting from 12/22/2017 while supplies last).
If you liked this sheet pan breakfast (oven roasted breakfast potatoes with bacon and eggs) recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all these recipes delivered straight to your inbox), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER,INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, YOU TUBE and GOOGLE-PLUS too.
Leave a Review