These tangy, creamy, white chocolate magic shell covered, Red Velvet Pudding Popsicles (Buttermilk Chocolate Pudding Popsicles) are simple to make, insanely delicious, and pretty inside and out. Just like the crazy, lovable Harley Quinn!
(PIN IT FOR LATER)
Time for another geeky recipe folks! Who else is excited for Suicide Squad? 🙂
I’m not one to split hairs over which comic book based movie universe is better – Marvel or DC, but I’ll just say that the Marvel movies they’ve made so far leave everything that’s DC in the dust. 🙂
Batman vs Superman was a bigger letdown than a plane crash, but thankfully we didn’t fork out money to watch it on the big screen (Mr K refuses to watch anything directed by Zack Snyder).
But Suicide Squad – while being DC – is still psyching me up! Since Deadpool was a rip-roaringly amazing movie, I have hope that the anti-hero theme can inject this movie with some well-timed, and well-received awesomeness as well! So I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
Needless to say, Harley Quinn is my jam and the one reason I’m so looking forward to the movie. This bleach skinned, crazy (some might call psychotic), lovable, ass-kicking villain is the kind that all girls want to grow up to be! Right? A frequent sidekick to joker (her “puddin”), and with a soft spot for “red”, this is the first live-action movie to really feature Harley Quinn. And I cannot wait to check it out!
In preparation, I made creamy, indulgent White Chocolate Covered Red Velvet Pudding Popsicles! AKA Harley Quinn Popsicles!
These red velvet pudding popsicles are a variation of my chocolate popsicles that I shared back in 2014 (updated post for that coming soon). I added buttermilk to the mix to give it a nice tang, and slightly reduced the amount of chocolate to let that dark red colour come through. My red velvet loving husband absolutely adored these! They are tangy, creamy, chocolatey popsicles coated with a creamy and sweet white chocolate magic shell sauce! And then decorated with heart and diamond shaped, colourful sprinkles. Whether you call them red velvet pudding popsicles or buttermilk chocolate pudding popsicles, you cannot deny how gorgeous they look, and how insanely delicious they taste!
Looking for more recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
White Chocolate Covered Red Velvet Pudding Popsicles
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp brown sugar or maple syrup
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chopped (or chips)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder dutch or natural cocoa
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Red colouring
- 1 recipe White Chocolate Magic Shell Sauce
- Heart and diamond shaped edible confetti
- Place the half and half, buttermilk, sugar/ maple syrup and cocoa powder and cornflour in a saucepan. Whisk to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Heat the mixture over medium high heat while whisking. The cocoa powder should also dissolve as the milk heats up. Bring it to a boil to thicken the mixture. After bubbles appear, lower the heat and simmer for 1 minute while whisking. Remove from the heat.
- Add the chopped chocolate, and vanilla. Stir until the chocolate has completely dissolved.
- Mix in red colouring to get the desired colour (Note - it will be a brownish red due to the chocolate).
- Pour the chocolate mix in the popsicle molds, add the popsicle sticks and freeze overnight.
- Place the popsicle in warm water for about 15 - 20 seconds to unmold.
- Once unmolded, dip the popsicles in the White Chocolate Magic shell sauce and decorate with your choice of sprinkles (optional). Let the white chocolate shell set completely (in the freezer), and then pack them individually and store in the freezer until needed.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”
Where you can buy the Heart Sprinkles (I picked out some of the white sprinkles and colored them with black food coloring)
Where you can buy the multi colored Diamond Confetti
My original plan for the movie wasn’t these Harley Quinn popsicles actually. It started with a red vanilla cake with a Harley Quinn-worthy surprise inside, but it turned out to be a bigger project than I had anticipated, so I gave up on that while I was still ahead. But these popsicles? NO WAY you can go wrong with these red velvet pudding popsicles. So easy and simple to make, and just downright addictive. And very pretty inside and out. Just like the crazy and lovable HQ.
If you liked this red velvet pudding pops (buttermilk chocolate pudding popsicle) recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all these recipes delivered straight to your inbox), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER,INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, YOU TUBE and GOOGLE-PLUS too.
I’ll be sharing my recipe over at –
FoodieFriDIY | Friday Favorites | Fiesta Fridays | Saucy Saturdays
Leave a Review