Unlike other frozen margaritas, there is no ice in this recipe. This Frozen Mango Margarita is just frozen mango, tequila, lime juice and agave syrup. It’s a creamy, sorbet-like, fruity and refreshing frozen margarita with a spicy lime chili salt ring to kick it up another notch!
If you guys liked my smoked margarita sour (with smoked tequila) from last time, I’ve got another delicious twist on your favorite margarita coming your way today – this Frozen Mango Margarita with Lime Chili is the glorious union between a mango sorbet, a margarita and a spicy seasoning! 🙂
I’m a sucker for mango sorbet. Hell, I’m a sucker for mangoes. And when summer rolls around, and juicy, ripe mangoes are in season, I’m all over them, any way I can get them. Eating fresh, sweet mangoes out of hand is of course my favorite, with mango sorbet and mango lassi a close second and third.
Then there’s chili mango – fresh mango, chili pepper, vinegar, black pepper, salt and sugar. It’s a delightful flavor concoction that really enhances the fruity sweetness of mangoes and brings back a flood of childhood memories for me! This spicy frozen mango margarita is a combination of all those mango things that I love, with the addition of tequila! What’s not to love? 🙂
This frozen mango margarita recipe is different (and better!) from other frozen margaritas because it contains absolutely no ice! It’s just pure, unadulterated mango and margarita. So you end up with a margarita slushie that’s almost like a sorbet – creamy and fruity!
Then on top of that you have the deliciously spicy Tajin seasoning that adds a lovely citrus spice, which perfectly complements the cool, refreshing mango sorbet.
If you can’t find Tajin seasoning, don’t worry, there are other spicy alternative that you can use, OR you can make your own lime chili seasoning too. OR you can leave out the spicy seasoning for a regular frozen mango margarita, which wouldn’t be as adventurous, but still amazing!
You can make this spicy frozen mango margarita recipe in several different ways.
- To make frozen mango margarita with frozen mango – this is my favorite way to make this cocktail. It’s ready to be enjoyed as soon as you blend all the ingredients. You can buy already frozen mango from the supermarket and use this to make this mango margarita in your blender. This is the quickest and easiest way.
- To make frozen mango margarita with fresh mangoes – peel and cut fresh mangoes first, and then place them on a tray and freeze. Once frozen, they can be used as indicated in the recipe.
- To make frozen mango margarita with mango nectar – I know from experience that in some countries, it’d be hard to locate frozen mangoes, and canned mango nectar is much easier to find (most likely in local Asian/Indian grocery stores). Pour the mango nectar into silicone ice cube trays and freeze. Once frozen, you can use the mango ice cubes to make the frozen mango margarita.
- Another way to make frozen mango margarita with mango nectar – you can blend all the margarita ingredients and the mango nectar (or fresh mango) to make a regular mango margarita. Then place the blended contents in a shallow dish, and whisk the contents every few hours to make a slushie!
This frozen spicy mango margarita can be stored in the freezer for a few days as well! So it’s perfect to be made ahead for parties and gatherings. This cocktail tastes delicious and refreshing with or without the spicy salt ring, so it’s entirely up to you.
While K and I prefer the spicy salt ring for our frozen mango margaritas, this cocktail tastes delicious and refreshing with or without the spice. So feel free to adjust the spice level to your liking, or leave it out altogether if you so choose. You’ll love this fruity frozen margarita regardless! 🙂
If you liked this frozen mango margarita with Tajin recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all these recipes delivered straight to your inbox), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER,INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, YOU TUBE and GOOGLE-PLUS too.
Frozen Mango margarita with Tajin Seasoning
You can switch between US and Metric measurement by toggling between the buttons below the ingredients.
Frozen Mango Margarita
- 1 lb mango
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ cup triple sec
- ½ cup agave
- 1 cup tequila
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- 4 x 8 oz serving glasses
- Lime wedge for the glass rim
- Tajin seasoning
- 4 slices of lime to garnish
- Fresh mango to garnish
Frozen Mango Margarita
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Use the frozen mango margarita immediately, OR transfer it to an ice cream container and store in the freezer until needed.
- Please note that the frozen margarita will not freeze completely in the freezer, and will always have a soft sorbet-like texture.
- Rub a lime wedge on the rim of your serving glasses. Dip the glass rim in the Tajin seasoning and set aside.
- Thread the lime slices on cocktail picks and half dip the lime slice in tajin seasoning.
- Fill the rimmed glasses with frozen mango margarita and garnish with lime slices and fresh mangoes. Serve immediately with a thick straw.
Tips & Tricks
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”