All the delicious indulgence of rocky road candy in hot, luscious, chocolatey drink form – this Rocky Road Mocha and Rocky Road Hot Chocolate are the perfect warm holiday drink to keep you cozy with plenty of decadent holiday cheer!
Hello my peeps!
Yeah, I think I’m going to call you guys my peeps from here on out. Nope, just kidding… I really don’t think I can pull it off.
But here’s something that I can and do frequently pull off flawlessly – Rocky Road Mocha (or Hot Chocolate)! Hello dark, secret world of chocolatey, marshmallowy, warm boozy decadence! It’s where all your sinful, indulgent, delicious wishes come to pass.
I love eating rocky road candy. It’s chocolate, marshmallow, peanuts (or any other type of nut), raspberry sauce all in one glorious bite – what’s not to love? I had to depend on store-bought rocky road candy for a long time, but that was until I started working at a new place where one of my wonderful co-workers made rocky road for me EVERY CHRISTMAS we worked together – I miss you Jacqueline! And your kick-ass rocky road!
I made these fully loaded rocky road brownies for the holidays, a couple of years ago. This year, I’ve got an even better, sippable version of rocky road – Rocky Road Mocha and Rocky Road Hot Chocolate!
Luscious, hot, chocolatey, rocky road mocha sweetened with my famous toasted marshmallow creamer, and spiked with some kahlua (or rum or bourbon), and then topped with peanut butter marshmallow fluff and raspberry jam! Yep, that’s not just a bunch of random words thrown together, those things are all real and this rocky road mocha really is as good as it sounds!
You can make this rocky road mocha with your favorite hot cocoa/hot chocolate mix (you can use this recipe right here for your very own easy, homemade hot chocolate and red velvet hot chocolate mix), or just by making a simple chocolate sauce made with semi-sweet chocolate and water.
OR just substitute the coffee with milk or water (or a little extra chocolate) to make rocky road hot chocolate.
To make this rocky road mocha vegan friendly and dairy friendly –
- Use a vegan chocolate, and make sure to make the toasted marshmallow creamer with coconut milk and vegan marshmallows.
- You can also melt vegan marshmallows and mix it with peanut butter for the topping.
And maaaaybe… just for extra theatrics, serve this rocky road drink with a flaming marshmallow, which I have done a few times in the past before an audience that was thoroughly entertained! 🙂
But you know, no matter how hard I tried I could never get those cups of joes to be as hot as THIS cup of Joe…
Rocky Road Mocha (Rocky Road Hot Chocolate)
Rocky Road Mocha
- ¾ cup of hot STRONG coffee hot milk for hot chocolate
- ¼ - ⅓ cup of chocolate sauce
- OR 4 tbsp hot chocolate mix
- Toasted marshmallow creamer to top
- 2 shots of Kahlua
- ½ cup marshmallow fluff
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Raspberry jelly/jam
- ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup of water
- Pinch of salt
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips, salt and water in a heat-proof bowl.
- Microwave in 20 seconds bursts until the chocolate melts completely and you have a nice smooth chocolate sauce. Set aside.
Peanut Butter Marshmallow to top
- Place the marshmallow fluff and smooth peanut butter in a bowl.
- Fold gently to ripple the PB through the fluff. Don’t over mix. Set aside.
Rocky Road Hot Mocha
- If you’re serving the drink in a glass, you can optionally drizzle some chocolate sauce along the inside wall of 2 glasses.
- Mix the chocolate sauce (or hot chocolate mix) with the hot coffee/hot milk and stir to mix. Add the shots of Kahlua (or rum or bourbon for hot chocolate).
- Divide the mix between two glasses/cups/mugs.
- Pour toasted marshmallow creamer to taste.
- Top with peanut butter marshmallow and raspberry jam/jelly, and a toasted marshmallow.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
If you liked this rocky road mocha / rocky road hot chocolate recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all these recipes delivered straight to your inbox), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER,INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, YOU TUBE and GOOGLE-PLUS too.
I’ll be sharing my recipe over at –