All the delicious indulgence of rocky road candy in hot, luscious, chocolatey drink form – this Rocky Road Mocha and Rocky Road Hot Chocolate are the perfect warm holiday drink to keep you cozy with plenty of decadent holiday cheer!
Hello my peeps!
Yeah, I think I’m going to call you guys my peeps from here on out. Nope, just kidding… I really don’t think I can pull it off.
But here’s something that I can and do frequently pull off flawlessly – Rocky Road Mocha (or Hot Chocolate)! Hello dark, secret world of chocolatey, marshmallowy, warm boozy decadence! It’s where all your sinful, indulgent, delicious wishes come to pass.
I love eating rocky road candy. It’s chocolate, marshmallow, peanuts (or any other type of nut), raspberry sauce all in one glorious bite – what’s not to love? I had to depend on store-bought rocky road candy for a long time, but that was until I started working at a new place where one of my wonderful co-workers made rocky road for me EVERY CHRISTMAS we worked together – I miss you Jacqueline! And your kick-ass rocky road!
I made these fully loaded rocky road brownies for the holidays, a couple of years ago. This year, I’ve got an even better, sippable version of rocky road – Rocky Road Mocha and Rocky Road Hot Chocolate!
Luscious, hot, chocolatey, rocky road mocha sweetened with my famous toasted marshmallow creamer, and spiked with some kahlua (or rum or bourbon), and then topped with peanut butter marshmallow fluff and raspberry jam! Yep, that’s not just a bunch of random words thrown together, those things are all real and this rocky road mocha really is as good as it sounds!
You can make this rocky road mocha with your favorite hot cocoa/hot chocolate mix (you can use this recipe right here for your very own easy, homemade hot chocolate and red velvet hot chocolate mix), or just by making a simple chocolate sauce made with semi-sweet chocolate and water.
OR just substitute the coffee with milk or water (or a little extra chocolate) to make rocky road hot chocolate.
To make this rocky road mocha vegan friendly and dairy friendly –
- Use a vegan chocolate, and make sure to make the toasted marshmallow creamer with coconut milk and vegan marshmallows.
- You can also melt vegan marshmallows and mix it with peanut butter for the topping.
And maaaaybe… just for extra theatrics, serve this rocky road drink with a flaming marshmallow, which I have done a few times in the past before an audience that was thoroughly entertained! 🙂
But you know, no matter how hard I tried I could never get those cups of joes to be as hot as THIS cup of Joe…
Looking for more recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Rocky Road Mocha (Rocky Road Hot Chocolate)
Rocky road mocha / hot chocolate
- ¾ cup strong coffee hot, or hot milk for hot chocolate version
- ⅓ cup chocolate sauce (recipe below) or 4 tbsp hot chocolate mix
- Toasted marshmallow creamer to top
- 2 shots Kahlua
- ½ cup marshmallow fluff
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp raspberry jelly/jam
Cheat's chocolate sauce
- ½ cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup of water
- Pinch of salt
- You can alternatively make this chocolate fudge sauce that is more decadent, or make the easier version described below instead.
- Place the semisweet chocolate chips, salt and water in a heat-proof bowl.½ cup of semisweet chocolate chips, ⅓ cup of water, Pinch of salt
- Microwave in 20 seconds bursts until the chocolate melts completely and you have a nice smooth chocolate sauce. Set aside.
Peanut butter marshmallow to top
- Place the marshmallow fluff and smooth peanut butter in a bowl.½ cup marshmallow fluff, 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Fold gently to ripple the PB through the fluff. Don’t over-mix. Set aside.
Rocky road hot mocha
- If you’re serving the drink in a glass, you can optionally drizzle some chocolate sauce along the inside wall of 2 glasses.
- Mix the chocolate sauce (or hot chocolate mix) with the hot coffee/hot milk and stir to mix. Add the shots of Kahlua (or rum or bourbon for hot chocolate).¾ cup strong coffee, ⅓ cup chocolate sauce, 2 shots Kahlua
- Divide the mix between two glasses/cups/mugs.
- Pour toasted marshmallow creamer to taste.Toasted marshmallow creamer
- Top with peanut butter marshmallow fluff and raspberry jam/jelly, and a toasted marshmallow.2 tbsp raspberry jelly/jam
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”
Leave a Review