This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpreadTheHeat #CollectiveBias
A rich, creamy cheesecake center, swirled with fresh strawberries and a delectable strawberry jalapeno spread, with an oreo cookie base and then covered in a chocolate shell – these Frozen Jalapeno Strawberry Cheesecake Bites are an easy, addictive snack, perfect for summer and for parties! (CHECK OUT THE VIDEO RECIPE BELOW TOO!)
Here’s what I can tell you about these little guys. They are bite-sized cheesecakes. So, creamy, decadent and addictive? Check, check and check. They are no-bake. And frozen. Which means there’s summer written all over these babies. And they are covered in a chocolate shell. A chocolate magic shell to be precise. Chocolate and cheesecake together? How much more fun could it get? Well, the cheesecake incorporates a delightful strawberry and jalapeno spread (from Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread)inside! So, creamy, decadent and addictive, with a distinct hint of heat and spicy!
So yeah, bigger isn’t always better. Just ask these Frozen Jalapeno Strawberry Cheesecake Bites!
You guys know how much I love sweet and spicy together. I think I have finally found my Jelly (or jam/preserve as I grew up calling them) Soulmate. Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread! This is a new product from Smucker’s that is naturally sweetened with honey, and as soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to incorporate that tantalizing flavor combo in a quick and easy snack, that’d be perfect for summer. The result? These delicious no-bake, chocolate covered, frozen strawberry cheesecake bites. Yup, that’s a mouthful to say, but the recipe is easy, I promise.
I’m not sure about you guys, but we are melting in this summer heat these days. There’s an excessive heat warning in place for this week with temperatures around 100°F (38°C), and a heat index that makes your eyes water. So I’ve been fighting the good fight against summer, the only way I know how. By keeping my freezer packed with plenty of yummy frozen snacks! Want some ideas? Check it all out right here.
And I’m happy to say that these chocolate covered frozen cheesecake bites have been an absolute treat. Literally. There’s an oreo cookie that serves as the crust/base. And the cheesecake itself is creamy and decadent with this subtle yet amazing kick that you get from the jalapeno in this strawberry jalapeno fruit & honey spread (which isn’t lost in the cheesecake base!). And then everything is frozen and covered with this super easy chocolate magic shell. The contrast in the flavors and textures is incredible. These frozen strawberry cheesecake bites are easy, delicious, addictive and not only do they serve as a great, better for you snacking solution, but they also make an excellent, crowd-pleasing dessert for a party! Just make sure to make plenty of them, because these bite-sized babies will disappear.
Since this spread is made with naturally ripened fruit and sweetened with honey, the fresh flavor of strawberries comes through and is a great change up for spreads made with a lot of sugar.
These frozen strawberry cheesecake bites are kid-friendly too. They are basically a whipped base of cream cheese and whipping cream, mixed with chopped strawberries and this beautiful strawberry jalapeno spread, and then frozen in a mini-muffin pan and topped with an oreo. You could even get your kids to help you make these, from start to finish – but especially with the part where they dip these frozen cheesecake bites in the chocolate sauce and then watch as it immediately hardens into a fun chocolate shell, covering up all that deliciousness inside. 🙂 The hardest part of this recipe? The waiting.
A creamy, cool cheesecake center with fresh, fruity sweetness from strawberries, complemented with that subtle hint of spice from the jalapeno! So go ahead and make these frozen strawberry cheesecake bites! There’s just too much goodness in these bite-sized desserts to pass up on them. 🙂
Frozen Jalapeno Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- 6 oz strawberries chopped
- 3 oz of Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 oz cream cheese softened (this is important)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 12 Oreo cookies 24, if you’re using whole cookies
- 1 recipe for Chocolate Magic Shell
- Mix the strawberries and the strawberry jalapeno spread and set aside.
- In a large bowl, pour the whipping cream, add the vanilla and whip until you have soft peaks.
- Add the softened cream cheese and lemon juice and mix until smooth and well combined - a few minutes with a hand beater.
- Add the strawberry mix and just gently mix it in - you simply want to have ripples of strawberry and not have it completely incorporated.
- Line a mini muffin tin with mini cupcake liners (optional, if you want to be able to remove the cheesecake bites easily from the pan. I didn’t do this because I couldn't be bothered peeling the liners afterwards).
- Use a cookie scoop (2 tbsp scoop), and fill the cavities with the cheesecake base.
- For even tops, smoothen the cheesecake base. Separate the oreo cookies and top each of the cheesecake bases with an oreo cookie half (you can top them with a whole cookie too if you prefer). Cover the pan with foil or parchment paper, and freeze for at least few hours until they are completely hardened.
- Unmold the cheesecake bites once they are completely frozen. If you used cupcake liners, you will need to peel this off before dipping the cheesecake bites in chocolate. If you didn’t use cupcake liners, dip the muffin pan in warm water for a few seconds (or use a blow torch) to loosen the cheesecake - use a spatula to gently pop them out.
- Place the cheesecake bites in the freezer until the magic chocolate shell is ready.
- Once the magic shell is cool, but still nice and smooth - use a fork to dip and coat each one in the magic shell sauce and place them on parchment paper to set. Once the chocolate magic shell has completely hardened (you can accelerate this by keeping them in the freezer), store the bites in individual ziploc bags until needed.
- For tastiest results, let the frozen cheesecake bites soften slightly before devouring!
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”
You can find Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread at your local Walmart – in the breakfast or jelly/spreads aisle. Plus with this Ibotta coupon you can earn $1 to buy your own bottle – so make sure you get it! 🙂
How will you #SpreadTheHeat with this delicious spread?
If you liked this frozen jalapeno strawberry cheesecake bites recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all these recipes delivered straight to your inbox), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER,INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, YOU TUBE and GOOGLE-PLUS too.
Other recipes you may like,