You’ve never had chicken wings like these before! These Boneless Cheese stuffed Chicken Wings look like drumsticks, but they are ALL wings, with gooey cheese and spiced pork stuffed inside! I just might even call them the ultimate party, game day snack!
You’ve never had chicken wings like this before. I’m almost sure of it. 😉 These are the mac daddy of chicken wings baby! BONELESS Pork and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Wings with a Spicy Sweet Chilli Sauce! Yup, that’s right, not only are they stuffed with a delicious ground pork and cheese filling, they are completely boneless (apart from the bone that serves as the handle of course; wait, did I just say handle? I sure did. Continue reading, to be amazed), and with plenty of bite and meat to chomp on, unlike regular wimpy wings.
And don’t let the sound of that intimidate you. These are easy to make! If you can cut up chicken wings and know what tendons are, you can totally ace this. And if that didn’t convince you, fear not. I got your back. I made a video showing you exactly how to do it, so that next time you’re tasked with finger foods, appetizers or snacks for a party or for game day, you’re going to hit it out of the ball park with these stuffed chicken wings!
I made these with wingettes AND drumettes. Plus, you can use the wing tips to make chicken stock too. The video above shows you how to debone the wingettes and drumettes AND as a bonus, I also show you how to cut drumettes to make chicken lollipops! These could also be stuffed, although the cavity is too small for stuffing cheese.
So you can go ahead and make boneless stuffed wings! It’ll take just a little bit of practice at first, but “once you get a handle on it”, it’s super easy and quick. The number one tip would be – don’t pierce the skin. And number two – use a small sharp knife. And number three – these are obscenely delicious. Well, that was more of a forewarning.
I’ve made these boneless stuffed chicken wings so many times at home, so much so that, this is the only way we’ll eat chicken wings now. And I’ve been wanting to post this recipe for a long time too, but kept putting off making the video. But not anymore. You know how those bones always get in the way of truly enjoying a scrumptious chicken wing? Well, here there’s a fantastic ground pork (you can use chicken too) and cheese stuffing in place of those bones. Imagine, biting into one of these to find out that it’s all gooey and cheesy in the center with even more awesome meat stuffing? And that’s all the while you hold it like a lollipop! 😀 And yes, they do kind of look like chicken drumsticks too.
If that wasn’t enough, I serve these with my Spicy Sweet Chilli Sauce for which you can find the recipe here. But feel free to serve them with any kind of dip you like. These truly are the ultimate party appetizer.
Looking for more recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Boneless Cheese stuffed Chicken Wings
- 10 chicken wings separated into drumettes, wingettes and tips
- ½ tsp each of salt and pepper
Stuffing for Chicken Wings
- 12 oz pork mince/chicken mince
- ½ tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 7-8 oz / 200-250g Mozzarella cheese block cut into 20 blocks (about 10g each)
- 2 cups AP flour
- ½ tsp each of salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper less if you like it less spicy
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Panko crumbs
- 2-3 eggs lightly beaten
- Chicken wing tips are not needed for this recipe, so you can save (freeze) them to make chicken stock on another day.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken drumettes and wingettes and season well. Leave them in the fridge overnight. (You can also season the chicken AFTER deboning them - your call).
- Debone the drummettes and wingettes, then push the meat and flip it over the end of the bone to create a pocket which can be stuffed. Please refer to the video above, or linked here for directions on how to make these deboned chicken wings.
Stuff the Chicken wings - there are two slightly different methods to stuff the wings.
- ONE - Place a piece of the Mozzarella cheese deep inside the pocket. Make a 1.5 inch ball out of some pork mince and place it over the cheese and pack it in well and smoothen the surface to completely cover the cheese and seal the pocket.
- TWO - Make a 1.5 inch ball out of pork mince. Embed a piece of mozzarella cheese in the pork mince ball and place this deep inside the cavity. Pack it in tightly and smoothen the surface to completely seal the pocket.
- Set aside on a tray until you're ready to cover them with breadcrumbs.
Set up a dredging station -
- In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, and onion powder well.
- Lightly whisk the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Place the panko crumbs in another plate.
- Place the stuffed chicken wings in the flour mix and cover them lightly with the flour and seasoning.
- Next, completely cover the stuffed chicken wings with lightly beaten the eggs.
- Next, coat them completely with the panko crumbs and place them on a parchment paper, until you have crumbed all of the chicken wings similarly.
- Heat vegetable oil to 360°F/185°C. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Prepare a baking tray with a wire rack on top.
- When the oil is hot, carefully place 2 - 3 stuffed chicken wings in the hot oil (be careful not to overcrowd), and fry for about 4 minutes until golden brown all over. Place the chicken wings on the wire rack. Repeat with all the chicken wings.
- Place the wire rack with the chicken wings in the preheated oven and bake for 10 - 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through (the exact time may vary from one oven to another - test one chicken wing to make sure).
- Serve immediately with some Spicy Sweet Chilli Sauce.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”
I can’t even begin to tell you how much Mr K and I love these. These chicken wings fly off the plate every time, as if they’ve suddenly come to life (too much? sorry). If you eat them while they are still nice and warm, the cheese oozes out irresistibly. The chicken is cooked just right, and so is the pork filling inside and they are seasoned perfectly, so that everything tastes amazing!
I also love how they look quite deceptively like drumsticks. 🙂 Except when you bite into it, it’s all cheesy, meaty goodness. So make no bones about it, these boneless stuffed chicken wings are so easy to make (I apologize again). How much would your family love these? How great would they be at a party or on game day? So whatcha waiting for? Get that recipe, watch that video, and get right to it.
I have ALWAYS loved deboned chicken! I deboned my first whole chicken in 2008 for a Christmas dinner with my family. The first chicken roast dinner I made for my husband was a deboned and stuffed chicken. Our first thanksgiving was a deboned and stuffed chicken too 🙂
So the next step was for me to debone and stuff chicken wings!
If you liked this recipe don’t forget to subscribe for new (and free) recipes by entering your email address below or on the side bar (and get all these recipes delivered straight to your inbox), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and GOOGLE-PLUS too.
I’ll be sharing my recipe over at –
FoodieFriDIY | Friday Favorites | Fiesta Fridays | Saucy Saturdays
Leave a Review