These Chocolate-dipped Rice Krispie No Bake Pecan Pie Cookies are no bake, dairy-free friendly, vegan-friendly and pack all the nutty deliciousness of your fall-favorite pecan pies! Plus they make excellent gifts for the holidays too.
I’m not partial to any one type of cookie; I love ’em all. I love making them and sharing those little morsels of deliciousness around. Whoever invented cookies had the right idea in mind – lots of love and joy packed into bite-sized treats; it should be cookie and candy season all year round in my opinion, not just during the holidays.
These No-bake Rice Krispie Pecan Pie Cookies are right up there with the best of them! They are made with rice krispies so they are simple and no bake, but they also pack all the indulgent flavor of pecan pie! While these pecan pie cookies are incredibly easy to make, they do need some (adult) supervision. You’ll be making piping hot butterscotch sauce which is that rich, decadent, delicious filling that everyone loves in pecan pies, and it’ll also be the base for these cookies. So to make sure you get perfect results every time, I highly recommend that you use a sugar thermometer. A thermometer takes out all the guess work and lets you know when everything’s perfect (a little too aggressively if you ask me, with that loud and annoying beep!).
The thermometer that I use for most everything I do is the one linked here. I absolutely love it and it has lasted me a long time with A LOT of use. Another great and affordable thermometer if you don’t plan on using one regularly is this one right here – I used something similar to this for years, just as a candy thermometer. Besides, a thermometer can be used not just for cooking candy like we are doing here, but also as a meat thermometer too (to ensure perfectly cooked meat with an optimal internal temp.), so it really is a small but very useful investment, along with a kitchen scale as well (cups and spoons are just not your friends when it comes to baking).
The butterscotch sauce here is heated to a very hot 240°F and mixed with pecans. Once it cools down to a still very hot 180°F, the rice krispies are added and mixed, and then portioned and rolled into balls. Mixing in the rice krispies will cool down the mixture more so that you can handle the mix without any issues, but you still have to work quickly to roll the mix into balls before the butterscotch sauce hardens into a toffee.
Another great thing about these no bake rice krispie pecan pie cookies is that this recipe is dairy-free friendly and also vegan friendly. Simply use coconut cream instead of whipping cream, and use dairy free chocolate to dip them in so that they are both dairy-free and vegan. Plus these pecan pie cookies make excellent gifts for the holiday season too!
No bake Rice Krispie Pecan Pie Cookies
- 1 cup 2 tbsp packed brown sugar about 200g
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp corn syrup optional
- 1 cup whipping cream or coconut milk for a vegan version
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups of rice krispie cereal
- 8 oz of chocolate chips vegan chocolate for a dairy-free, vegan version, melted
- Sea salt
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat, while stirring to melt the sugar.
- Bring to a boil and let it thicken over medium heat, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and mix in until completely incorporated.
- Bring the mix back to a boil and place a candy thermometer in the mix. Let the sugar syrup cook until it reaches 250°F.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the pecans and let it cool down to about 180°F.
- Add the rice krispie cereal next, and mix gently to mix the cereal through. Be careful not to crush the puffed rice.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop equal portions of the butterscotch chocolate cookie mix onto a parchment paper lined tray. Before the cookies set, roll them firmly into balls.
- Let the cookies cool down and harden completely.
- Dip each of the cooled cookie in melted chocolate and sprinkle sea salt before the chocolate sets. (place the pecan pie cookies on parchment paper until the chocolate sets).
- Store in an airtight container until you’re ready to serve.
If you liked this chocolate dipped no bake rice krispie pecan pie cookies recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all these recipes delivered straight to your inbox), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER,INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, YOU TUBE and GOOGLE-PLUS too.
I’ll be sharing my recipe over at –