Homemade coffee creamer with an indulgent twist – this Toasted Marshmallow Creamer with all the caramel flavor and fluffy mouthfeel of toasted marshmallows is easy, and perfect to flavor your morning coffees, warm drinks like hot chocolate and even cocktails too! Plus it’s Dairy Free Friendly.
This really is my favorite time of the year! 🙂 The air is crisp and cool, just the right temperature to find plenty of comfort in warmth (and warmth in comfort). And if you’re lucky enough to have a fireplace in your house, that means the smell and warmth of burning wood and ashes. You know what else completes that picture perfect setting, besides the company of your loved ones? A deliciously hot and steamy, indulgent drink to warm you up from the inside! And there’s no better place to start than with this Toasted Marshmallow Creamer!
I’ve never met anyone who didn’t like warm, gooey toasted marshmallows. I mean, just saying those words out loud makes me all… (marsh)mellow. Especially when the days and nights are getting colder, the sound and flavor of warm marshmallows are bound to put you in a good mood too. And that was just the reason why I made this toasted marshmallow creamer, so that I could add it to my coffees and start my day off with a bang!
I made this a few times to get it just right. The first version was toasted marshmallows mixed with half and half. While it gave me the fluffy marshmallow mouthfeel, the caramelized flavor of toasted marshmallow was lost in the creamer.
Eventually, I realized that the only way to get the toasted marshmallow flavor in the creamer was by sweetening it with almost burnt sugar caramel. So I made a dry caramel (to the point of being dark amber in color), and then made a creamer using it. Plus I added the marshmallows to melt with the caramel, and that way I got just the flavor that I was looking for in this toasted marshmallow creamer.
CLICK TO POUR!
It worked like a charm! It was so good that we mixed the creamer with some vodka and bourbon and made toasted marshmallow shooters too! 🙂 They were glorious!
All the sweetness, caramel flavor and fluffy goodness of toasted marshmallows in a sweet creamer, perfect for your morning coffees!
This toasted marshmallow creamer will last about 2 weeks in the fridge and makes an excellent gift as well, especially during the holiday season. It’s the perfect way to flavor your warm drinks (and makes wicked cocktails too).
We have been treating ourselves to hot chocolate smores at night recently, flavoring our hot chocolate with this decadent toasted marshmallow creamer and then topping it with more toasted marshmallows. It’s a pretty decent way to spend a cold evening – only thing missing is that warm fireplace with the sound of crackling fire!
Toasted Marshmallow Creamer For Your Coffee (DF friendly Coffee Creamer)
- 145 g / 5 oz Marshmallows about 25 regular marshmallows
- 3 cups half and half 1 ½ cups milk + 1 ½ cups cream OR (3 cups of Coconut milk)
- ¾ cup white sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Warm 1 cup of the half and half in the microwave and set aside.
- Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the bottom of a non stick pan. Heat over medium heat to caramelize the sugar. Shake the pan gently to evenly distribute the sugar and to caramelize the sugar evenly. (Dry Caramel method)
- Caramelize the sugar until it turns a dark amber, and almost burnt (don’t leave the pan at this stage as the caramel will begin to burn very quickly)
- REmove the pan from the heat, and immediately (but gently) pour the warm milk into the sugar (be careful as the milk may splatter). Stir the sugar and milk together over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved in the milk completely.
- Add the salt and marshmallow and stir to dissolve. Remove from the heat and strain to remove any undissolved marshmallows.
- Mix the rest of the half n half and let it cool to room temperature.
- Pour the creamer into sealable bottles and store in the fridge for upto 2 weeks.
If you liked this toasted marshmallow creamer (homemade coffee creamer) recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all these recipes delivered straight to your inbox), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER,INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, YOU TUBE and GOOGLE-PLUS too.
If you liked this, you may also like