This 3 ingredient Nutella Frappuccino (Nutella Coffee Slushie) is a cross between an icy frappuccino and a creamy milk-shake in texture, but with the added delicious hazelnut cocoa flavor of Nutella! As far as morning pick-me-ups go, you can’t beat a decadent iced coffee like this!
So how do you deal with consistently 100°F+ weather? As a food blogger, I know of only one way.
Cold brew coffee ice cubes? Check.
Fun color changing magic ice cubes and lemonade slushies? Check.
Refreshing fruit popsicles? Check.
Frozen no-bake chocolate treats? Check.
Frozen boozy desserts? Check.
Fruit syrups for cold refreshing drinks? Check.
Vodka in the freezer for “emergencies”? Check.
If nothing else, I’m WELL prepared for summer! 🙂 A couple of weeks ago, I shared a simple recipe for the best coffee slushie that was spiked with rum! It was a big hit (not surprisingly). In that post I shared a number of tips to make perfect coffee slushies, with ideas for some variations too. Here’s another variation – the most amazing Nutella Frappuccino (Nutella Mocha Slushie)!
So yes, I’ve admittedly been going nuts for frozen desserts and drinks this summer, so I figured why not take it a step further, and make a truly nutty summer drink that everyone will love! I’m not exaggerating when I say that this Nutella coffee slushie is the best version of a mocha frappuccino. I love this version better than regular Nutella frappuccinos because there’s no ice to dilute the flavor. Plus, it’s made with only THREE INGREDIENTS – pure, strong cold brew coffee ice cubes (or regular double strength coffee ice cubes), creamy half and half (or full cream or skim milk), and Nutella! That’s it. You also have the option of adding agave syrup to make it sweeter, or just a touch of vanilla if you prefer.
This Nutella coffee slushie is like a cross between an icy frappuccino and a creamy milk shake in texture, but with a delicious dose of coffee and hazelnut flavor. It’s any coffee-holic/choco-holic/Nutella-holic’s dream! 🙂 What could possibly be better than adding Nutella in coffee?
While I do top the Nutella frappuccino here with whipped cream and Nutella sauce (to complete the Nutella frappuccino look), I personally prefer my Nutella coffee slushie without the whipped cream. And if you’re feeling adventurous, you could also make or use hazelnut milk instead of half and half for an even more robust nutty, Nutella-ish flavor.
Also, I personally prefer the taste of cold brew coffee or regular brewed coffee for this nutella coffee slushie, but honestly, you can’t go wrong with either option here. I have talked more about making cold brew coffee in my previous posts (cold brew mocha kit kat slam, cinnamon flavored cold brew coffee, cookie butter cold brew coffee). You can make either cold brew, or double strength hot coffee and cool it down as soon as you can and freeze in ice cube trays.
Nutella coffee slushie is like a cross between an icy frappuccino and a creamy milk shake in texture, but with a delicious dose of coffee and hazelnut flavor. It’s any coffee-holic/choco-holic/Nutella-holic’s dream!
I know you guys are going to love this Nutella frappuccino! 🙂 It’ll be the best kind of iced coffee you have this summer! The addition of Nutella is a truly delightful upgrade to your iced coffee. Plus, you only need 3 ingredients – can’t get better than that!
Don’t miss out on the RECIPE VIDEO
Looking for more recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
3 Ingredient Nutella Frappuccino (Nutella Coffee Slushie)
- 140 g Nutella (Or any hazelnut spread.) Approximately ½ cup
- ¼ cup warm milk use upto ⅓ cup to make it the right consistency
Coffee Ice cubes
- 2 cups cold brew coffee or double strength coffee. Frozen into ice cubes
Nutella Frappuccino / Nutella Coffee Slushie
- Coffee ice cubes recipe above
- ¾ cup chilled full fat milk or half and half for extra creaminess
- 94 g Nutella (Or any hazelnut spread) ⅓ cup
- 1 tsp vanilla optional
- 1 tbsp honey or agave optional - only if you want to add extra sweetness
- Extra milk if needed
- Whipping cream optional
- Nutella sauce recipe above
- Place the Nutella in a bowl. Add warm milk, a little at a time, and whisk until you have a smooth sauce (¼ cup milk is the minimum amount required, add more milk if you like a thinner sauce). Set aside until needed.140 g Nutella (Or any hazelnut spread.), ¼ cup warm milk
Coffee ice cubes
- This can be made ahead of time. I like to keep coffee ice cubes in the freezer ready to go during summer.
- Pour cold brew coffee or double strength coffee into ice cube trays. Place in the freezer to freeze at least overnight.2 cups cold brew coffee
- Once frozen, transfer the ice cubes into an airtight container or freezer-safe bags, so that they can be kept for a long time without being exposed to freezer air.
Nutella Frappuccino / Nutella Coffee Slushie
- Place the milk / half and half and Nutella in the blender. Blend for a few seconds until the Nutella is completely mixed with the milk. (Nutella and milk are blended first because once you add the ice cubes, it'll be harder to completely dissolve all of the Nutella).94 g Nutella (Or any hazelnut spread), ¾ cup chilled full fat milk
- Next, add the coffee ice cubes (and honey and vanilla, if using) and blend on high speed until the ice cubes are completely crushed and you have a slushie-like consistency. Add extra milk ONLY if required to help crush the ice better.Coffee ice cubes, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tbsp honey or agave, Extra milk
- Drizzle some Nutella sauce inside the serving glass (this will also add some extra sweetness, if necessary). Pour your Nutella frappuccino into a serving glass.Nutella sauce
- This can be served just as is with a straw, or top it with whipped cream and another drizzle of Nutella sauce. Enjoy!Whipping cream, Nutella sauce
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”
If you liked this Nutella frappuccino (Nutella coffee slushie) recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all these recipes delivered straight to your inbox), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, YOU TUBE and GOOGLE-PLUS too.
Leave a Review