This 3 ingredient Nutella Frappuccino (Nutella Coffee Slushie) is a cross between an icy frappuccino and a creamy milk-shake in texture, but with the added delicious hazelnut cocoa flavor of Nutella! As far as morning pick-me-ups go, you can’t beat a decadent iced coffee like this!
So how do you deal with consistently 100°F+ weather? As a food blogger, I know of only one way.
Cold brew coffee ice cubes? Check.
Refreshing fruit popsicles? Check.
Frozen boozy desserts? Check.
Vodka in the freezer for “emergencies”? Check.
If nothing else, I’m WELL prepared for summer! 🙂 A couple of weeks ago, I shared a simple recipe for the best coffee slushie that was spiked with rum! It was a big hit (not surprisingly). In that post I shared a number of tips to make perfect coffee slushies, with ideas for some variations too. Here’s another variation – the most amazing Nutella Frappuccino (Nutella Mocha Slushie)!
So yes, I’ve admittedly been going nuts for frozen desserts and drinks this summer, so I figured why not take it a step further, and make a truly nutty summer drink that everyone will love! I’m not exaggerating when I say that this Nutella coffee slushie is the best version of a mocha frappuccino. I love this version better than regular Nutella frappuccinos because there’s no ice to dilute the flavor. Plus, it’s made with only THREE INGREDIENTS – pure, strong cold brew coffee ice cubes (or regular double strength coffee ice cubes), creamy half and half (or full cream or skim milk), and Nutella! That’s it. You also have the option of adding agave syrup to make it sweeter, or just a touch of vanilla if you prefer.
This Nutella coffee slushie is like a cross between an icy frappuccino and a creamy milk shake in texture, but with a delicious dose of coffee and hazelnut flavor. It’s any coffee-holic/choco-holic/Nutella-holic’s dream! 🙂 What could possibly be better than adding Nutella in coffee?
While I do top the Nutella frappuccino here with whipped cream and Nutella sauce (to complete the Nutella frappuccino look), I personally prefer my Nutella coffee slushie without the whipped cream. And if you’re feeling adventurous, you could also make or use hazelnut milk instead of half and half for an even more robust nutty, Nutella-ish flavor.
Also, I personally prefer the taste of cold brew coffee or regular brewed coffee for this nutella coffee slushie, but honestly, you can’t go wrong with either option here. I have talked more about making cold brew coffee in my previous posts (cold brew mocha kit kat slam, cinnamon flavored cold brew coffee, cookie butter cold brew coffee). You can make either cold brew, or double strength hot coffee and cool it down as soon as you can and freeze in ice cube trays.
Nutella coffee slushie is like a cross between an icy frappuccino and a creamy milk shake in texture, but with a delicious dose of coffee and hazelnut flavor. It’s any coffee-holic/choco-holic/Nutella-holic’s dream!
I know you guys are going to love this Nutella frappuccino! 🙂 It’ll be the best kind of iced coffee you have this summer! The addition of Nutella is a truly delightful upgrade to your iced coffee. Plus, you only need 3 ingredients – can’t get better than that!
Don’t miss out on the RECIPE VIDEO
3 Ingredient Nutella Frappuccino (Nutella Coffee Slushie)
- ½ cup of Nutella
- ¼ - ⅓ cup warm full cream milk / half and half
Nutella Frappuccino / Nutella Coffee Slushie
- 2 cups of cold brew coffee or double strength coffee, frozen into ice cubes
- ¾ cup chilled full cream milk / half and half
- ⅓ cup Nutella
- 1 tsp vanilla optional
- 1 - 2 tbsp agave syrup optional - only if you want to add extra sweetness
- Extra milk if needed
- Whipping cream optional
- Nutella sauce
- Place the Nutella in a bowl. Add warm milk / half and half a little at a time and whisk until you have a smooth sauce (¼ cup milk is the minimum amount required, add more milk if you like a thinner sauce). Set aside until needed.
Nutella Frappuccino / Nutella Coffee Slushie
- Place the milk / half and half and Nutella in the blender. Blend for a few seconds until the Nutella is completely mixed with the milk. (Nutella and milk are blended first because once you add the ice cubes, it'll be harder to completely dissolve the all of the Nutella).
- Next, add the coffee ice cubes (and agave and vanilla, if using) and blend on high speed until the ice cubes are completely crushed and you have a slushie-like consistency. Add extra milk ONLY if required to help crush the ice better.
- Drizzle some Nutella sauce inside the serving glass (this will also add some extra sweetness, if necessary). Pour your Nutella frappuccino into the serving glass.
- This can be served just as is with a straw, or top it up with whipped cream and another drizzle of Nutella sauce. Enjoy!
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”
If you liked this Nutella frappuccino (Nutella coffee slushie) recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all these recipes delivered straight to your inbox), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, YOU TUBE and GOOGLE-PLUS too.