Sweet and spicy is my thing. I can’t get enough of that combo. So imagine how I feel about this Mango Jalapeno Jam with Cream Cheese? I put this on E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. Really, there’s not a thing in this world that I can’t or won’t pair with this. And I bet, if you tried this recipe, you’d be the same!
Nothing groundbreaking here folks, just one of my absolute favourite jam recipes! You guys know how much I adore sweet & spicy flavour combinations and making stuff from scratch every chance I get, right? And this is one of those things that I just can’t help but put on anything and everything. I’m sure more than a few of you out there have had a jam like this served over cream cheese with crackers. But imagine putting some of this delicious Mango Jalapeno Jam on toast, or in sandwiches (think grilled cheese sandwich? yum!), or on bagels with cream cheese, or as a salad dressing, or as a fantastic glaze for grilled meats, or pair it with some ice cream for an awesome flavour combo? Or if you scroll down this post, you’ll see how I used it as a filling for cheesy savoury thumbprint cookies!
Still not convinced? Then just pour it over softened spreadable cream cheese and make a Mango and Jalapeno Cream Cheese dip that’ll be perfect for game day or for parties! Might I suggest spreading it GENEROUSLY over your favourite cracker? (Like Ritz?)
With something this versatile and easy to make, there really isn’t anything standing between you and a jar of this delicious mango and jalapeno jam. And if you can’t find mangoes by any chance, go ahead and use peaches instead. BUT if you’d like something different altogether, and something even more impressive – try this Bourbon and Tomato Jam instead! 🙂
It’s sweet, with a little spicy kick (not too hot at all since the jalapenos have been deseeded) from the jalapenos and then with the cream cheese, it’s honestly one of my favourite dips/spreads! It just screams party appetizer. And if you can’t figure out a way to pair it with something. just eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon. Works every time for me.
Tell me, how would YOU like some of this mango jalapeno jam? 🙂
- About 10oz of mango, chopped finely
- 2 oz jalapeno deseeded, chopped finely
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ½ tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cm piece of ginger, chopped finely
- 1.5 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp water (bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes)
- 1 package of spreadable cream cheese (8 oz / 226g or 250g)
- Chopped parsley
- Place the mango, vinegar, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and ginger in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat and bring to a boil while stirring to dissolve the sugar. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Add the chopped jalapeno and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the cornflour in the 2 tbsp of water. Add this to the mango jalapeno sauce and simmer (stirring frequently) until thickened, another 10-15 minutes. Simmer longer for a thicker sauce, or add water to thin it out.
- Place the cream cheese on the serving plate (straight from the packet is fine, OR you can shape it any way you like).
- Pour about ⅓ - ½ of the mango jalapeno sauce/jam over the top.
- Sprinkle some chopped parsley on top. Serve it cold, with crackers.
I made these CHEESY SAVOURY THUMBPRINT COOKIES a couple of months ago and oh boy, these were some of the BEST things that have ever come out of my kitchen, I can tell you that much. Those savoury cookies were crazy addictive with that fantastic jelly/jam center. The cookie dough itself is flavoured with cheese and rosemary, with a spicy kick from deseeded jalapenos. Plus I used semolina to really up the texture profile of those cookies too. So go ahead and see how you can use this mango jalapeno jam as a filling in those cheesy savoury thumbprint cookies.
& if you liked this, you DEFINITELY will love this Mango Chutney and Goat cheese appetizer too! Another great idea for Parties or for Game Day 🙂 Plus it will go SO WELL with these Curry Chicken Meatball Subs.
If you liked this recipe don’t forget to subscribe for new (and free) recipes and updates by entering your email address below (and get all these recipes delivered straight to your inbox), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and GOOGLE-PLUS too.
I’ll be sharing my recipe over at –