Sweet, crunchy, salty and addictive deliciousness – this is the Best Cinnamon Toast recipe (Creme Brulee Toast) that will give you perfect results every time!
If you love sweet, crunchy cinnamon toast, then I’ve got a doozy in store for you guys today! This is the most simple cinnamon toast in the world, that is also The Best Cinnamon Toast in the world! Plus it’s one delicious caramelized cinnamon toast that you can make on your stove top!
But it comes with a warning. Eat this cinnamon toast responsibly! Because, let’s be honest, this sweet, caramelly, buttery, salty, crunchy deliciousness that is perfect cinnamon toast, will NEVER be featured in any healthy, super food lists. This is an indulgent snack that will instantly transport you to a sweet place from where you would not want to return. And I promise you, for those few fleeting moments, it’ll all be worth it! 🙂
For those days when you feel like you don’t deserve what the world has to offer you, this caramelized cinnamon toast is the treat you deserve!
So why is this the best cinnamon toast?
- This toast is made with a simple cinnamon butter, which can be stored in your fridge for whenever you crave for some caramelized cinnamon toast.
- It’s made with a good amount of butter and a good measure of sea salt, giving you the most buttery cinnamon toast with a lovely hint of salt.
- These cinnamon toasts are made on a pan so that the sugar and butter melt evenly. The butter becomes crispy and flavors the bread, while the sugar caramelizes and forms a delightful caramel crust.
- The end result? A buttery cinnamon toast with a creme brulee surface! Soft and crunchy. Sweet and salty. This stuff is addictive!
See how shiny that toast is? That’s the caramelized sugar. Like the top of a creme brulee.
Now let’s talk about the cinnamon butter
I based this cinnamon butter on the butter-sugar mix that I used to make for caramel toast that we used to eat as kids. Sugar and butter with toast was a very popular snack for me as a kid for obvious reasons, but the addition of cinnamon happened much later it life. I only use butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt to make this cinnamon butter here, but you can also use any of the following to add more flavor too.
- Cloves (for a spicy kick)
- Black pepper (for a spicy kick)
- Orange zest
You also have the option of caramelizing BOTH sides (especially if you like thick slices of bread), or just one side (for thin slices of bread).
What do I pair with the best cinnamon toast?
These are some of my favorite toppings and pairings for this cinnamon toast.
- Whipped cream (my favorite)
- Whipped cream cheese (second favorite)
- Fruits (love strawberries!)
- Glass of milk
- Coffee or tea
Here are some tips to get perfect cinnamon toast
- Make sure to mix the butter, sugar, cinnamon and seal salt really well. You can use this cinnamon butter right away, OR you can store it in the fridge for later.
- You don’t have to spread a thick layer of cinnamon butter to get perfect results either. Just a thin, even layer will do. Make sure to butter the edges of your toast as well.
- Use a non-stick pan or cast iron pan. The last thing you want is to have the caramel stick to your pan. I always use my non-stick pan, so that my cinnamon toast caramelizes properly without sticking to the pan.
- As the butter melts, you’ll notice that it spreads out a little on the pan. So move the toast around on the pan to catch that melted cinnamon butter. This will ensure that the surface of your toast is evenly coated as it cooks.
- When the cinnamon toast is ready, place the toast on parchment paper or a silpat. If you only buttered one side of your toast, then place this buttered side on the silpat or parchment paper. As the toast cools down, the surface will flatten creating a shiny caramel surface.
- I prefer to use country style bread loaves to make these creme brulee toast, because I can cut 1/2 inch thick slices of bread. But you’re welcome to use any bread you like – such as white bread, whole wheat, bagel, multigrain or anything else you have at hand.
In case you missed out – here is a decadent dessert or brunch recipe using these cinnamon toasts! These roasted blueberry and brie with cinnamon toasts, are sure to blow your mind!
If you liked this amazing cinnamon toast recipe (creme brulee toast), don’t forget to subscribe for new (and free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all these recipes delivered straight to your inbox), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER,INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, YOU TUBE and GOOGLE-PLUS too.
The Best Cinnamon Toast
Makes 8 - 10 one sided cinnamon toasts, or 4 - 5 double sided toasts.
- 4 oz unsalted butter softened
- 4 oz of white sugar about ½ cup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt should be finely ground salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 4 slices of bread about ¾ inch - 1 inch thick
- Extra butter if you’re making one sided cinnamon toast
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup chilled cream
- Fresh fruit like raspberries, strawberries, blueberries
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl.
Using a teaspoon, gently mash the butter along with the sugar and cinnamon. Add any other optional add-ins. Mix until well combined. Set aside until needed.
- Line a wire rack or baking tray with parchment paper or a silpat.
For one sided toast - lightly butter one side of the bread slice. Spread an even, thin layer of cinnamon sugar on the other side, making sure to get the edges as well.
Heat a non-stick pan over medium - medium high heat.
When the pan is hot, place the bread with the buttered side down. Toast the bread for about 4 minutes until that side is caramelized and slightly toasted.
Flip the bread over and caramelize the toast on the cinnamon buttered side. After about a minute, gently move the cinnamon toast around on the non-stick pan in small circles to mop up any excess butter and sugar on the pan. Toast for about 3 - 4 minutes, until the sugar has caramelized and darkened in color. Make sure to not burn the toast.
When the cinnamon toast is ready, place it on the parchment paper lined tray, with the caramelized side down. Let it cool slightly.
For two sided toast - spread an even, thin layer of cinnamon sugar on both sides of the bread, making sure to get the edges as well.
Heat a non-stick pan over medium - medium high heat.
When the pan is hot, place the bread in the pan. The butter will start to melt, and puddle around the toast. After about a minute, gently move the cinnamon toast around on the non-stick pan in small circles to mop up the excess butter and sugar on the pan. Toast for about 3 - 4 minutes, until the sugar has caramelized and darkened in color. Make sure to not burn the toast. Flip the toast over and repeat on the other side.
When the toast is caramelized on both sides, place it on the parchment paper lined tray with the presentation side (serving side) down. Let it cool slightly.
Whipped Cream Cheese
Whisk the cream cheese and whipped cream together until the cream cheese is light. Refrigerate until needed.
- Wash and dry the fruits.
Serve the cinnamon toast with some whipped cream cheese and fresh fruit.